Tuesday, March 1, 2011

www.DJ-Wholesale.com - Cross-Fading in the World of Asshats!

Do you want to know the quickest way to get on my bad side?

Be an OBVIOUS SCAMMER.

Well, I was looking for a Technics turntable. Panasonic has stopped making them recently, so of course, the prices went sky high.

Unlucky for me for not being an early - or for that matter, even a late adopter on a technology. I've had a few turntables. The most recent disaster was a Sony turntable that didn't even work out of the box. Well, screw that. I decided to go full out and get the REFERENCE... the creme' de la creme'.... the set-the-bar-high quality Panasonic, Technics turntable of my dreams.

And one with pitch control.

So I'm searching on Ebay. No.
Amazon - Pricey! WOW, that's a lot of money.
Craiglist. Holy crap, what a poor collection of battered and bruised units - of course, ironically with "loved for years". If you had a pet that you loved for years with that amount of abuse, you'd still be picking up the soap in the prison shower room. But I digress.

So I find - what I think is the ULTIMATE deal. I mean, this is pretty hot. In a world of $1200. players, this little rinky-dink website is selling them for under $300.

Well, you know what they say about "If it's too good of a deal, it probably is". Immediately, my antenna went up, and I decided to investigate further.

Lucky for me, a chat box appeared instantly, and a representative wanted to speak with me.

DANDY! Well, isn't that convenient! This must be my lucky day!

Well, I had to save the screenshots, because this is just absolutely un-freakin' believable.

So, you'll have to forgive where they repeat themselves. I tried to edit them so that you can see this is one continuous conversation.

So the chat box asks me for my name. What the heck? I was tempted to type "Charlie Sheen", but I actually wanted to talk to someone, so I decided to pick something less offensive. Like "Ted".

It's probably a good thing I did, because the name of the person I was speaking to was named "Support". It's almost as if we were destined to hate each other immediately, even before we started talking.


So this dipwad thought that I was going to accept doing business with a company that only accepts....

Get this: WESTERN UNION or WIRE TRANSFER!



POP QUIZ, KIDS. What two methods of payments do your banks - even the corrupt ones like Bank of America - tell you NEVER to pay with?

WESTERN UNION or WIRE TRANSFER!

But let's continue:

THEY ARE FALSE?! He responded before even checking the website - a mere MINUTE later.

So, okay. My antenna are fritzing like crazy now. A quick search on www.ripoffreport.com found 10 consumers who paid, and got nothing.

Wait... what kind of response is that? TEN PEOPLE said that you RIPPED THEM OFF!! Now, granted, they are ten STUPID people who paid by a wire transfer or a bank transfer, and normally, that would encourage ridicule on the World of Asshats here... but c'mon. You can be stupid, but that in and of itself doesn't motivate people to accuse this outfit of being a scam. The consistency of the stories are eerily similar. Here, read a few of the posts for yourself.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/dj-wholesale.aspx

All hopes of getting a cool Technics turntable are vaporized. At this point, I figure, hey, I have Skype. If this is an outfit from China (which it IS, I found out from this link: http://www.who.is/website-information/dj-wholesale.com/ ), then it's worth it just to call and talk to someone for a few cents per minute.

Unfortunately, they didn't give me the opportunity to record their call, since this was their response:

So the guy BOLTED on me. In 14 seconds!! What? Leave a message?

"Okay. My name is Ted, and what's your phone number?" DERP. There's an email response I won't wait up for.

Fine. I'm a little unhappy about it all, so I've decided to tell you, my completely unloyal readers in the depths of Blogger where normal people never go, all about it.

WWW.DJ-Wholesale.com, you are spinning and scratching a def beat in the World of Asshats.

No comments: